The Rural Housing Loan Fund (RHLF) is a governmental not-for-profit whose mandate it is to improve the quality of life of rural people by extending unsecured loans for the purpose of home improvements. The CFO and CEO asked Matchboxology to help explore opportunities to improve the Fund’s impact.
Using our SynerFocus methodology, we facilitated a board level workshop in which the organisation’s goals were revisited and the operational attitudes and actions re-assessed. The exercise highlighted the board’s strategic drift to financial returns versus impact maximization. The exercise also highlighted that: the behavioural economics of rural South Africans had not been sufficiently explored and integrated into the business model. Additional loan channels and direct relationships with Building Material Suppliers, Faith Based Organisations (church groups), Stokvels, Cattle Associations and other governmental agencies present business and impact growth opportunities worth additional exploration.
The CEO/CFO sought permission from the board for business innovation.
As a result of the workshop, The Board delivered a firm mandate for management to pilot innovative opportunities within newly relaxed risk parameters to deliver greater rural living standards impact.
What the client saw:
- One Day Board And EXCO Strategic Alignment Process
- Intensive & Efficient Customer Analysis Technique
- Innovation Thinking Applied To Strategy
- Synergogic Workshop Facilitation
What Matchboxology saw:
- Innovation Thinking To Improve Growth And Impact
- The Need For Synergogic “What Is Impact…” Incubation Process
- Team Commitment To Growth
- The Need For Evidence-Based Innovation To Drive Growth Of Business Impact